Lifetime Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll go first

3 posters

Go down

I'll go first Empty I'll go first

Post  apryor Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 am

Hi,
I'm Ana and part of the Weigh-In Challenge. Thank you Karen for setting this up and all of your support.

I haven't been doing as well as I'd like with my weight loss these past few weeks but my eating habits have changed for the better, I'm a recovering carb addict! I also started the Couch to 5K program and just completed the first week this morning cheers

Hope everyone is having a good week too!

apryor

Back to top Go down

I'll go first Empty Great Job

Post  Admin Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 am

Great Job Ana so long as you are a little better each week and aren't willing to quit you are making progress. Thanks for being first.

Karen

Admin
Admin

https://lifetime-fitness.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

I'll go first Empty Permanent change takes time

Post  LADMD Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Ana, I'm right there with you. But as someone who used to be obese, my experience is that small diet and exercise changes over time tend to stay with you. Large changes can be overwhelming and if you slip-up, it can be easy to just say it's too hard and quit. Everyone should remember that they didn't gain weight overnight, so crazy restrictions just aren't going to work. It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change. If you're making some new, better-for-you choices, then you are on the right track, so don't let the scale numbers get you down.

One of my favorite calorie-tracking tools is a food scale. It makes portion-control easier and keeps you on the right track. Your eyes have an annoying habit of mis-judging how much is in the bowl or on the plate.

LADMD

Back to top Go down

I'll go first Empty Re: I'll go first

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum